FreeBSD 10-STABLE/sparc64 panic

Eric Benoit eric at ecks.ca
Tue May 13 03:16:23 UTC 2014

Chris Ross <cross+freebsd at distal.com> wrote:

> On May 12, 2014, at 05:21 , Eric Benoit <eric at ecks.ca> wrote:
> > I hadn't had much luck in that regard. It was fairly consistent in not progressing
> > beyond this same point. That or I'm too impatient.
>
>   I've noticed that it takes a while.  I just updated by stable/10, and the same
> issue exists.  It took about half an hour for it to reboot and panic before it finally
> came up.  Looking at the log, it panic'd 11 times before it came up successfully.

Some timing issue related to network activity?

It should be noted that of course 10-STABLE on amd64 is fine, and also on a V100, which
is of course uniprocessor.

> > Which is what I've recently done, and have narrowed it down to r263478:
> >
> > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=263478
> >
> > This makes sense given the changes are entirely network related, and when this
> > issue seems to crop up. I gave the changes a quick glance, but didn't see
> > anything obvious.
>
>   Excellent!  I'm glad to hear you've found a culprit!  We should widen this to
> the freebsd-sparc64 list, then, IMHO, to get some ideas on the problem.
>
>   Does that make sense to you?

Sure does.

Anyway, my email to Kurt bounced. Apparently his mail server is fussier than mine. My
IPv6 forward and reverse match just fine, tyvm. :P

Later