disk block failing on root disk on sun blade 1000

Riccardo Veraldi riccardo.veraldi at gmail.com
Wed May 29 15:36:34 UTC 2013

On 5/29/13 3:57 PM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Riccardo Veraldi wrote:
>
>> unfortunately I found out the internal sun blade 1000 disks are all
>> FC - AL disks :)
> Ouch, I forgot about that detail.  Haven't seen a Blade 1000 for many
> years now.
>
> Don't know whether it makes sense for you to order from Pollin;
> they've got super cheap FC-AL disks right now, probably from some EMC²
> disk arrays being junked:
>
> http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MjcxODkyOTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Hardware/Festplatten_SSD/Fibre_Channel_Festplatte_146_GB.html
>
> I don't know about their shipping costs to Italy though.
Tank you
I found plenty of 512GB Seagate NL35 series FC AL disks which are goign
to be throwed away at work inside a EMC2 old storage.

They should work on sun Blade 1000, at least I hope so.

only ONE question:

if I "dd" the old 18GB disk on this new 512GB disk I will waste almost
500GB of space... because the disk wil lbecome 18GB as the source.

is there any way to "dd" the old 18GB content on the new 512GB disk and
have a free 500GB partition available  ?

thank you

Rick