Bailing on Solaris?

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:58:42 UTC 2011

FreeBSD and OpenBSD both work for me. I'll have to go back and try Xorg on
FreeBSD again using another card.
I tried the recent Oracle Solaris. Not much to say. If you don't have exact
or specific hardware- that means from the factory- you're screwed.
The other option is OpenSPARC and that means time and money that most people
don't have.

I didn't come to this list because I had a SB1000. I used FreeBSD on amd64,
then i386, then on PowerPC, then on SPARC. I did the same with OpenBSD.