sparc64/147877: xz fails to extract files on sparc64

Manuel Tobias Schiller mala at hinterbergen.de
Wed Jun 16 09:10:09 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/147877; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala at hinterbergen.de>
To: Michael Moll <kvedulv at kvedulv.de>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/147877: xz fails to extract files on sparc64
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:05:58 +0200

 On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:24:09PM +0200, mala at hinterbergen.de wrote:
 > On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:33:14 +0200, Michael Moll <kvedulv at kvedulv.de>
 > wrote:
 > > Should be fixed with r209089 (one day after your build). At least it
 > > works on CURRENT:
 > >
 > > server01# fetch http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 > > mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz                             100% of  977 kB  557 kBps
 > > server01# xz -d mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 > > server01# uname -a
 > > FreeBSD server01.matrix.int 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Jun
 > 13
 > > 22:34:07 CEST 2010 root at server01.matrix.int:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VIMAGE
 > > sparc64
 > >

 > Hi,
 >
 > thanks. that sounds great. I did try to cvsup my source tree before I sent
 > the PR and had a look at the file modification dates, and it didn't seem as
 > if any of the relevant files have been modified since my last build. Maybe
 > that means that the change has not found its way to RELENG-8 yet. To make
 > sure, I will cvsup again and rebuild world. I'll let you know what comes
 > out.
 >
 > Best regards,
 >
 > Manuel

 Hi again,

 apparently, I failed to spot the change in my source tree after running cvsup
 yesterday. I'm sorry for the noise (and any inconvenience caused). The change
 Michael mentions solves the issue.

 Thanks a lot, and kind regards,

 Manuel

 --