sparc64/147877: xz fails to extract files on sparc64

mala at hinterbergen.de mala at hinterbergen.de
Tue Jun 15 15:30:10 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/147877; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "mala at hinterbergen.de" <mala at hinterbergen.de>
To: Michael Moll <kvedulv at kvedulv.de>
Cc: <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: sparc64/147877: xz fails to extract files on sparc64
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:24:09 +0200

 On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:33:14 +0200, Michael Moll <kvedulv at kvedulv.de>
 wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 02:13:33PM +0200, Manuel Schiller wrote:
 >> >How-To-Repeat:
 >> 	Execute on a sparc64 box:
 >>
 >> 	fetch  http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 >> 	xz -d mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 >
 > Should be fixed with r209089 (one day after your build). At least it
 > works on CURRENT:
 >
 > server01# fetch http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 > mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz                             100% of  977 kB  557 kBps
 > server01# xz -d mpfr-3.0.0.tar.xz
 > server01# uname -a
 > FreeBSD server01.matrix.int 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Jun
 13
 > 22:34:07 CEST 2010 root at server01.matrix.int:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VIMAGE
 > sparc64
 >
 > Kind Regards

 Hi,

 thanks. that sounds great. I did try to cvsup my source tree before I sent
 the PR and had a look at the file modification dates, and it didn't seem as
 if any of the relevant files have been modified since my last build. Maybe
 that means that the change has not found its way to RELENG-8 yet. To make
 sure, I will cvsup again and rebuild world. I'll let you know what comes
 out.

 Best regards,

 Manuel