NetBoot Install Sparc64 Problems

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 15:21:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 04:31:32PM +0200, Narciso Martinez wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to net install in Sparc64 (Sun Enterprise 250 without cd-rom).
>
> I've read a lot of post in this list and other guides in Internet but
> I have some ideas not very clear.
>
> I have a Ubuntu server with BOOTP, RARP and TFTP to install in Sparc64 server.

not sure about Ubuntu, but from another FreeBSD box:

http://seis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/freebsd/sparc64/firmware-update

These are the guidelines I followed to update firmware
via ntpboot. I think the same should be used for normal
boot/install. As far as I understand you only need rarpd and tftpd.

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building