NetBoot Install Sparc64 Problems

Narciso Martinez narcotico at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 14:57:32 UTC 2010

Hello.

I'm trying to net install in Sparc64 (Sun Enterprise 250 without cd-rom).

I've read a lot of post in this list and other guides in Internet but
I have some ideas not very clear.

I have a Ubuntu server with BOOTP, RARP and TFTP to install in Sparc64 server.

RARP works perfectly. Then Sparc machine load BootStrap and in this
moment I get differents messages (I've tried differents
configurations):

Sometime I get "\", another time Sparc machine ask (by TFTP) files
that doesn't exist in tftpboot (directory /boot from CD).

The problems are mainly in bootptab and in the content of /tftpboot.
My bootptal is like this:
.default:\
:bf="WHAT SHOULD I PUT HERE FOR NET INSTALL?":dn=domain:ds=nameserver:\
:gw=gateway:ht=ether:hd="AND HERE?":hn:\
:sm=255.255.255.0

hostname:ht=1:ha=080020C4269A:tc=.default:ip=IP:

Where I wrote questions it's where I am not very sure what I have to put in.

In the other side, in my /tftpboot I copy al directory /boot from cd
install and I created the symbolic link with the mac the sparc64.

I've probed a lot of things, but all of them without succesful. I need our help.

This server has installed Debian now. If there is other and easier
type of installation, please tell me about it. I'm a ness and in a
hurry.

Thank you.