Hardware Donation?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jun 9 22:54:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 03:09:38PM -0500, Tim Nelson wrote:
> The gear is being offered free of charge (including shipping!) to the
> FreeBSD team for development/testing/building/ports/etc.

We always love to have more toys :-)

But as you already know, the problem (especially with the servers) is
finding someone willing to pay the power bill.  I'm currently trying
to arrange to take advantage of some systems that are already being
volunteered to us in various places to try to beef up package building.
The 420R is 610W max, for those that are curious.

That would be the most effective for package building.

I hope someone will take you up on your generous offers ...

mcl