netboot/install on sparc64

Royce Williams royce at alaska.net
Tue Jun 17 23:20:05 UTC 2008

Hello, Mauro -

Mauro Calderara wrote, on 6/16/2008 4:48 AM:
> I'm new to FreeBSD and sparc64

Welcome!

> and am currently trying to install
> FreeBSD on a few Netras 105 and Fire V120 Machines, all but one do not
> have a CDROM drive. Searching for documentation I stumbled across this
> document here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/fr/relnotes/CURRENT/installation/sparc64/index.html

> Reading that one can use the ISO's loader instead, I tried my luck with
> the loader from the 7.0 .iso and by loading the kernel over tftp by hand
> I was able to boot it. After loading the kernel, the system can't mount
> the nfs-root though and that I cannot specify by hand it seems.

Are you getting any errors when you try to mount the nfsroot?  I'd
suggest sniffing the mount attempt, and then make sure it's trying to
mount exactly what your bootp or dhcpd configuration is using.

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                   - http://royce.ws/
   The future is no more uncertain than the present. - Walt Whitman