sun e250 installation woes.

Royce Williams royce at alaska.net
Thu Jan 3 22:00:13 PST 2008

amilcar padilla wrote, on 1/3/2008 6:37 PM:
> Hello, I am new to the mailing list.

Hello!

> I am sorry if this is an old
> subject but I'm having issues installing freebsd sparc64 on a sun
> enterprise 250 server.  For some reason when I type "boot cdrom" at the
> ok prompt, the system hangs loading the kernel.

Are you using a an attached keyboard and monitor?  If so, the video
card might not be supported.  Try disconnecting the keyboard and
monitor entirely and get a serial console working instead:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/term.html

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                - IP Engineering, ACS
http://www.tycho.org/royce/                   - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531