binary problems

mdh mdh_lists at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 16:42:20 UTC 2007

There was an issue in GNU binutils on SPARC64 some
years back (I remember being one of the original
reporters of the issue back when 6.0 had just gone
-R).  You may want to check list archives/etc for the
necessary patches (there was a PR, too), and compare
your core files with gdb to the issues.  It seems odd
the fixes weren't incorporated into 6.2, so I'm not
sure - if you still have problems, post some
backtraces and I'll see if we can't figure out what's
up.
Best of luck, Matt.