"fast data access mmu miss" on kernels w/o "makeoptions DEBUG=-g"

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:14:51 GMT 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 11:05:25PM +0900, R. Imura wrote:
 > On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 03:37:04PM +0200, Marius Strobl wrote:
 > > While it should fix compilation on sparc64 it still doesn't deal
 > > with the alignment issues. Please have a look at the changes that
 > > went into the respective kernel and userland parts in NetBSD if
 > > you want to get it working on FreeBSD/sparc64, too.
 > >
 > > Marius
 >
 > Sorry but while I'm not a smbfs maintainer, I've just found a
 > person who wanted to use smbfs on sparc64 and I just thought
 > I want to help him.
 > Because I don't have sparc64, I won't do anymore about this.
 > I hope sparc64 people make smbfs work on sparc64.

Supporting smbfs on sparc64 is on my TODO list. But it's priority
is low due to a lack of time and other pending works. Based on
NetBSD's changes I managed to build smbfs. But it didn't work and it
needs more investigation. While reading the code I noticed there
is a bug in smbfs_hash() in sys/fs/smbfs/smbfs_node.c. NetBSD
switched to use hash32_strn() defined in <sys/hash.h>. I think it
also has influence on our implementation. Would you please check
the function?
(http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/fs/smbfs/smbfs_node.c, rev. 1.12)

--
Regards,