Buildworld on an Ultra1E - exception - what does it mean?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Oct 30 17:21:52 PDT 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:06:58 +0200
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> I have another Ultra 1 here, perhaps I should try to swap cpu's in
> them an see what happens. I will just have to read up on how to do
> that first.

For the record; on Ultra 1's, the CPU is soldered to the system board.
I reseated all the memory, and fastened the heatsink on the CPU, and
after that I have been able to make world. This machine (an Ultra 1,
Model 170E, aka Ultra 1 Creator 3D) now runs 5.3-RC1:

root at ultra1# uname -a
FreeBSD ultra1.kg4.no 5.3-RC1 FreeBSD 5.3-RC1 #0: Sat Oct 30 23:02:38
CEST 2004     root at ultra1.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ULTRA1E  sparc64

Yay!
--
Regards,