Buildworld on an Ultra1E - exception - what does it mean?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Oct 30 03:07:03 PDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:50:25 -0700
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> Hardware failure, apparently.  From a reply when it happened to me
> on a particular machine (now decomissioned):

Aha. Hmm, sounds bad. Does anyone know what can be done about it?
I set diag-switch? true in OBP, and the machine ran a full post without
any errors cropping up (stress test of both memory and ECache passed).
But I don't know if that means anything.
Does something like memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/) exist for the
Sparc64 platform?

I have another Ultra 1 here, perhaps I should try to swap cpu's in them
an see what happens. I will just have to read up on how to do that
first.

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,