"panic: ipi_send: couldn't send ipi" still

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Oct 8 08:43:19 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 07:48:56AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> This was on a RELENG_5 kernel build Oct 5.
>
> panic: ipi_send: couldn't send ipi
> panic() at panic+0x19c
> cpu_ipi_send() at cpu_ipi_send+0xb8
> cpu_ipi_selected() at cpu_ipi_selected+0x38
> tlb_page_demap() at tlb_page_demap+0x158
> vm_pagezero() at vm_pagezero+0x1c8
> fork_exit() at fork_exit+0x9c
> fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0x8

Thanks.  It had been something of a shot in the dark.  As John pointed
out if the processors are going "zombie" on us for this long it's
not a good sign to begin with, and not all cases will be fixed by just
waiting longer.

Marius's interrupt work looked much much more promising, at least
what little I was able to understand from it. :-)

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |