5.3 on ultra1E: scsi disk not detected

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Nov 28 03:04:54 PST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:44:25 -0500
"Michael G. Jung" <mikej at confluenttech.com> wrote:

> Well it had an Enterprise cover on it :-)  -  I really don't know how

I think this is where people gets confused.
AFAIK, the only difference between Ultra 1 and Ultra 1 Enterprise
(should this be "Ultra Enterprise 1"?) is that the Enterprise model has
faster networking.

But the Ultra 1E (don't really know what the 'E' means, but it is NOT
Enterprise) is different; it has a UPA slot (useful for frame buffers
like the Creator series) and a different SCSI controller (Fast/Wide
instead of "just" Fast).

Right now I can't find the URL where I got this information from.
Somebody with better knowledge; please correct any errors.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,