Back to the Future - 64-bit time_t on sparc64

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Thu Feb 19 19:56:36 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:29:20PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> My basic plan is to commit these three files to /usr/src on
> March 1st.  This wouldn't actually change anything, it would
> just make the files available as part of the src tree.  Then,
> at some later date (march 4th?  march 8th?  even later?), we'd
> commit the change to /usr/src/sys/sparc64/include/_types.h
> which makes the switch, and add an entry in /usr/src/UPDATING
> to point sparc64 users to these two files.
>
> Does this seem reasonable?

Is there a way we can avoid footshooting?

For example: check if /usr/include/machine/_types.h is equal to
the one in the source tree and disallow installworld without some
special define if they're not. The scripts use the define to
circumvent the anti-footshooting measure. Something along those
lines...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net