Parallel Port?

peter at larkowski.net peter at larkowski.net
Mon Oct 27 08:00:39 PST 2003

Are there plans to support parallel ports in the near future?  I have an
Ultra Axe board and I'd like to use it as a print server (among other
things), but when I uncomment device ppc, the kernel build fails
immediately as that device isn't defined, and loading modules for lpt,
ppbus, or ppi all fail with either link_elf: symbol ppbus_io_desc
undefined or link_elf: symbol ppb_request_bus undefined, meaning I need
device ppc I assume.  If there aren't plans for parallel port support
soon, what all would need to be done (ie, just device ppc porting or is it
more complex than that?)