X on sparc64?

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sat Oct 11 18:38:38 PDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 05:34:02PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Be aware that 4.x's NFS code doesn't like talking to sparc64 clients -
> it causes the i386 server to double fault.  5.x as a server is
> perfectly happy though.

I have an Ultra 5 running a recent -current that uses an i386 -stable as
it's NFS server ... I've never seen any problems with it. Is this an
issue that is only affected via certain NFS options or is otherwise
possible to (unknowingly) avoid?

-T

--
Page 2: Unix today is nothing less than a worldwide culture, comprising
many tools, ideas and customs.