partly solved - 5.1-RELEASE - - fdisk - bsdlabel - vinum

vezku at surfeu.fi vezku at surfeu.fi
Thu Jun 12 23:22:44 PDT 2003

Hey guys,

I was able to get vinum work on 5.1-RELEASE sparc64. The trick was to load
vinum in /boot/loader.conf
Using this method it accepted UFS2+S for fstype. I do not know is this
recommended, but seems to work.
BTW, it would be wise to mention this partition/label issue somewhere in
the release document. As far as I get it sysinstall is the only way to
create partitions on sparc64? Why is fdisk missing? Or am I just dumb,
which is possible too. :-)

And the promised document is available at:
http://vesku.sdf-eu.org/txt/vinum.txt

Thanks for all the hard work on sparc64 port. I can't help on programming,
but in testing. I will have an extra SUN 250E available soon. Not the
latest SUN box, but better than nothing.

-Vesa, UNIX SysAdmin