FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on SunFire V100

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:19:49 PDT 2003

>From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor at hotmail.com>
>
>Yeah.  I tried with and without.  No matter what I do after a ping, even a
>single ping packet, it does:
>
>IOMMU fault virtual address 0x63206000
>panic: pcib: uncorrectable DMA error AFAR 0xc0758818 AFSR
>0x4100ff0060800000
>cpuid = 0;

I take it back, simply assigning an IP address seems to do it :-(  Just give
it enough time and it'll die.  Enough time being roughly the amount of time
between the interface being brought up during boot and the boot process
almost finishing.  Doesn't quite get to the login prompt before:

IOMMU fault virtual address 0x63206000
panic: pcib: uncorrectable DMA error AFAR 0xc0758818 AFSR 0x4100ff0060800000
cpuid = 0;

If I can get it stable and talking I'll try cvsuping to HEAD.  Failing that
I'll try NetBSD and see if I've got some bad hardware here.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?