ponderous 'make world' times post GCC 3.3...

Thomas Moestl t.moestl at tu-bs.de
Wed Aug 13 09:38:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003/08/13 at 18:12:09 +0200, Harti Brandt wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Steve Ames wrote:

FWIW, I'm not seeing this either on my Blade 100; with kernels from
Jun 1 and Aug 11, both built with gcc 3.3.1, a complete kernel build
takes the same time down to a few seconds. I'm running world builds
right now.

It would be very interesting if you could narrow the change down to a
shorter time span by binary search.

	- Thomas

--
Thomas Moestl <t.moestl at tu-bs.de>	http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/