CVSup Errors

Jake Burkholder jake at locore.ca
Wed Apr 30 19:44:37 PDT 2003

Apparently, On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 07:30:30PM -0700,
	James Taylor said words to the effect of;

> Hi everyone, I just joined this list two seconds ago and have a question
> for you all.
> I couldn't find anything specific to this in the archives, so this may
> be a common question or I just wasn't searching for the correct term.
>
> I just installed 5.0 on my E420R, and CVSup for some reason didn't
> compile during the install.  When trying to manually make
> cvsup-without-gui (or cvsup for that matter) I keep getting this error
> over and over:
>
> Cannot determine M3 target for this architecture

You need to use an up to date ports tree.  I'm assuming you're using the
ports.tar.gz from the 5.0-RELEASE iso, which didn't have support for cvsup.
Official support was just committed to the port recently, it should work
on 5.0-RELEASE.

Either mount an up to date ports tree from another machine, or download
a new ports.tar.gz from one of the ftp sites.

Jake