Wait for smp_start

Vlad GALU dudu at dudu.ro
Mon Jan 29 16:37:56 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Alin-Adrian Anton <aanton at spintech.ro> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>         I'm using 6.1.
>
>         I'm trying to make a kernel module sleep and wait for all the
> CPUs/cores to be up and running. Is there any elegant way of doing this now?
>
>         As far as I digged I found smp_started variable, but that's kinda
> unreliable. I need to be woken up when this is atomically set to 1.
>
>         I'll appreciate any suggestion and your time. Please CC to my address.
>
>         Thanks!

   Depending on your purpose, maybe it'd be easier if you send a
WAKEUP IPI whenever you need the available CPUs to run.

> Yours,
> --
> Alin-Adrian Anton
> GPG keyID 0xC8EBC68D [6488 4AD2 F945 413E 8966 CB12 3BF8 D295 C8EB C68D]
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xC8EBC68D
>
> "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.