xeon 2.8GHz SMP/NOT test results

Kian Mohageri kian.mohageri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 16:11:08 PDT 2006

I've run some tests with an Intel Xeon 2.8GHz, comparing performance of an
SMP kernel with HyperThreading enabled against a somewhat GENERIC kernel (no
HT).

I know this has all been seen/done before, but I was looking at other test
results and reading about the progress of SMP support in FreeBSD and decided
to run some basic tests myself.

I've never used sysbench (I essentially picked it randomly) so if you know
it to be a crappy benchmark tool for this sort of thing, do tell.  I'm also
pretty new at testing performance in general, but I hope someone finds it
useful anyway.

I'm still trying to decide if I should stick with non-SMP/non-HT or go with
SMP...

http://www.zampanosbits.com/smp_tests/

--
Kian Mohageri