Problems running 6.X on K8D-Master-F SMP

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Mar 16 00:26:55 UTC 2006

> I run one of those although the "rack" model, it works just fine on both
> 6.1pre and 7.0current in amd64 mode. I use it daily as a development box
> for AMD64 stuff so I would have noticed if it broke along the way...

Thanks - thats *very* useful to know! I notice that evryone who is telling
me it works is running amd64, not i386, so my next step will be to install
amd64 instead and see if that boots.

If I cant get it to work then, would you be able to tell me your BIOS
version and a few settings ? I realise that might not be possible if
the machine is running, obviously.

cheers,

-pete. [far more hopeful]