Problems running 6.X on K8D-Master-F SMP

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 15 17:20:27 UTC 2006

Pete French wrote:
> Is anyone out there running a 6.0 or 6.1 kernel on this motherboard
> as either amd64 or i386 ? I can only find references to it having
> been tested on 5.4 (and other 5.X releases). The reason I am asking is,
> obviously, that I cannot make this run. The SMP kernel starts to
> boot, gets as far as the "Waiting for SCSI devices to settle" line
> and then never proceeds any further. Booting verbose does not help, as
> no further messages are generated after this point.
>
> I have tried this under both 6.0 and 6.1, though only for i386 so far. I
> am assuming that if it does not work for i386 then it is unlikely to do
> so for amd64. The board runs fine under Windows 2000 and both processors
> show up. I have tried many different combinations of ACPI settings in
> the BIOS, all to no avail.

I run one of those although the "rack" model, it works just fine on both
6.1pre and 7.0current in amd64 mode. I use it daily as a development box
for AMD64 stuff so I would have noticed if it broke along the way...

-Søren