Fwd: High Pitched Whine

Paul Lipps paul.lipps at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:23:18 UTC 2006

Sorry, for some reason I thought I was going to have to build a new
kernel.

I set my HZ to 100 in the loader.conf, and it did lower the pitch of
the whine to where I can hardly hear it now. I can still hear a
difference when I toggle the CPU halt off and on, but the difference
between 1000 and 100 HZ is like night and day.

Thank you very much, my ears appreciate it. :)

Paul Lipps
paul.lipps at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message: