6.0 Stable on 8 Core AMD Opteron scalability. (perf stat)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Feb 8 12:22:31 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:14:15PM +0300, astatech at mail.ru wrote:
> > > See below...
> > > PS: maybe httpd wait for log write?
> >
> > Yes, could be (most of them are stuck in 'ufs').  Try disabling logging.
>
> Do you mean apache or ufs logging?

apache (no such thing as ufs logging).

> For apache I try it for testing, not for production. I need logs for my server :)

If your processes are spamming at the logfile faster than the
filesystem can keep up (which seems to be happening), that's going to
serialize all of your httpd operations.

> May be mount -o noatime can help. I try it with Joseph`s recomendations.

You could also try mount -o async, but this may destroy your /var in
the event of a crash.

Kris