smp problem with hp proliant dl360 on fbsd 6.0-rel

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 27 22:58:19 GMT 2005

OxY wrote:
> hi!
>
> I got a hp proliant dl360 with dual p3-800 and ran into a problem..
> Installed 6.0-release, started to config the system, built smp kernel
> and that's why I realized that the kernel see only one processor from 2!
>
> the dmesg says:
>
> -bash-2.05b# dmesg |grep cpu
> cpu0 on motherboard
> CPU: Intel Pentium III (797.48-MHz 686-class CPU)
> Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x683  Stepping = 3
> Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
>

> (I think I should see cpu0 and cpu1..)

You should see a line in your dmesg like :

FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs

If you *don't* see this line, then let us know - you will probably need
to show us
- dmesg from a verbose boot
- output of the 'mptable' command
- your kernel config file.

In a successfull SMP boot you will see a line near the end of your dmesg
like:

SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

Yours may show an error of some kind...

Cheers