smp problem with hp proliant dl360 on fbsd 6.0-rel

OxY oxy at field.hu
Sun Nov 27 20:00:22 GMT 2005

hi!

I got a hp proliant dl360 with dual p3-800 and ran into a problem..
Installed 6.0-release, started to config the system, built smp kernel and
that's why I realized that the kernel see only one processor from 2!

the dmesg says:

-bash-2.05b# dmesg |grep cpu
cpu0 on motherboard
CPU: Intel Pentium III (797.48-MHz 686-class CPU)
Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x683  Stepping = 3
Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>

(I think I should see cpu0 and cpu1..)

Turning on the machine bios prints that both of the cpu-s have been
initialized...
after booting bsd I see only one..
dunno what to do :(
any idea?
sorry, I'm newbie on this list, but it's very important for me
thanks for all of your help!