SMP kernel but no SMP detected on Tyan S2515

Network Operations Center noc at 1command.com
Sat Nov 19 15:36:40 PST 2005

Hello,
Just for the sake of clarity, are you *now* able to run SMP on that board?
As the BIOS('s) go, Tyan has two that I am aware of. The most recent one added
suppport UDMS(2) 66 and faster/ wider SCSI, among other things. It
would probably
be a good investment to re-locate your previous (un-working) BIOS back
into the
motherboard and flash it (up) to the newer version. Might fix what ails
it. Also
there is a project on SourceForge (recently updated and ruined -
SourceForge, that
is)
that allows you to edit/ enhance/ repair your BIOS. I've used it quite
a bit and
I have found it very useful.

Best wishes.