Stability of RELENG_5_4 with dual Xeon

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sun May 15 22:53:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

Andrew McNaughton wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear people's recent experiences with Dual Xeons
> under load with SMP on and HTT off.
>
> A while back there were stability problems with Dual Xeon machines.
> I've got one of these in production with SMP turned off for the time

Do you refere to the scheduler?

Use the old BSD scheduler and you should be fine.

I am writing this on a Dual-Athlon running 5.4. I am doing massive
compilations at this machine at the moment with loads up to 100% for a
certain period of time without any problems.

I did not test the new scheduler as I need this machine for my work.

Erich