Lost interrupts on SMP systems

Peter Trifonov pvtrifonov at mail.ru
Sat Jan 15 02:11:59 PST 2005

Hello John,

> > > workaround for an undocumented errata in at least some older I/O
> > > APICs where a level triggered interrupt can accidentally be
> > > delivered as edge triggered and end up not being properly
> > > acknowledged.  However, you don't have any level triggered
> > > interrupts, so I'm not sure that is applicable.
> More interrupt load that way, which would indicate maybe the bug Linux
> tries to work around except that your intpins are edge triggered. :(
 After doing some google search I have found a number of
 somewhat similar problem reports/patches related to this
 family of HP boxes (Vectra XU 6/200).
 Maybe that is what you were writing about, sorry in such case.

 http://www.sslug.dk/emailarkiv/teknik/2000_07/msg00306.html
 http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg34195.html

With best regards,
P. Trifonov