[FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC2] with SMP Kernel

Detlef Stracke d.stracke at mobilcom.de
Sun Feb 15 23:15:37 PST 2004

Hello all,

I have a Compaq(HP) DL-360 with two CPU's. I installed it with FreeBSD
5.0 and after that via cvsup I dated Up to 5.2.1-RC2.
For my Kernel I used the following parameters:

----- cut -----
machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU

options         SMP
device          apic
----- cut -----

I build everything how /usr/src/UPDATING describes. Additional I disable
ACPI too. (echo "hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" >> /boot/device.hints)
Because I cant boot with ACPI on, however. :(

I do a reboot after "make intallworld" and my Compaq starts without any
problems, but no second CPU.

A "sysctl -a | grep -i cpu" shows:

kern.threads.virtual_cpu: 1
kern.ccpu: 1948