What the???? Is there a Doctor in the house? Help

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Fri May 9 15:30:02 PDT 2003

On Friday 09 May 2003 20:18, vizion communication wrote:
> Ok  do not know what is causing this problem and would
> appreciate some help in tracking down the cause.
>
> FreeBSD 4.7
>
> System runs fine for maybe a week and then all networking
> stops - without warning. I do not know anyway of  persuading
> it to resume networking without rebooting.
>
> Does anyone have some useful suggestions on how to diagnose
> the cause?

Had this problem some time ago. A process got killed.
Do a ps -ax right after rebooting and also when the network isn't working
again. Compare these two and look for processes that aren't there any more.

Also look at the console. When I had the problem for the first time, I got
some error messages saying that there isn't enough buffer space or so.
This could be another possible cause.

Daniela