5.1-R-p2 crashes on SMP with AMI RAID and Intel 1000/Pro

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 13 06:34:43 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 04:59 am, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
> I'm not an hardware expert, but all this wierd stuff looks like to me to be
> a IRQ routing problem. I fiddled around with many hand-assigned IRQ
> configurations, but nothing helped. Either the Intel 1000/Pro or the AMI
> RAID causing problems in the TYAN Thunder 2500 SMP environment.

Yes, getting a freeze like that coupled with the timeouts does look like an
interrupt routing problem.

> I feel a little bit helpless this moment, because I think I tried every
> trick and something seems to be wrong with the combination TYAN Thunder
> 2500 and FreeBSD 5.X SMP. It is also very courios, that a kernel without
> SMP/IO_APIC freezes after booting at the same place (amr0 RAID
> recognition).
>
> Is there any help outside?

Ok, well, first we need to fix it for the UP case. :)  Do you have a dmesg
for a UP 5.1 kernel?