NanoBSD and cron

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Wed Oct 29 15:24:04 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I hope this is the appropriate place to discuss NanoBSD.

I've got a Soekris box and I've used NanoBSD to get FreeBSD 7 on it. No
problems so far - NanoBSD is great :-)

But I'm wondering what the best way to do cron jobs is? I could store
the per-user crontabs in /conf so they go in to the /var ramdisk, but
I'd have to rebuild the image to change them. What I need is something
like /cfg but for /var.

I suppose the easiest solution is to write an rc script that sets the
cron entries up on boot? Or use the global /etc/crontab file instead?

Any other solutions?

Thanks,

Tim.

--