FreeBSD's embedded agenda

nec556 at retena.com nec556 at retena.com
Fri May 26 12:50:47 PDT 2006

> What "Freesbie" are you talking about? Phk was referring to the second
> version of the toolkit I presented recently in Ottawa, that is perfectly
> usable for embedded system and it's ready to welcome new platforms. It
> is already ported for powerpc architecture and I want it to be ported to
> the arm and other archs (I don't have the hardware). Porting is really
> trivial. I suggest you to take a look:

It works for powerpc??  Is it available for download or only via cvs?

> http://www.freesbie.org/~saturnero/FreeSBIE-BSDCan06-devsummit.pdf
>
> anonymous at cvs.freesbie.org module freesbie2 or:
> http://bugs.freesbie.org/dir?d=freesbie2

Also, you have forget that a flash memory is not needed, our device just have a little rom with a micro o.s. (Contiki) and download the real o.s. from ethernet using tftp. The storage system is on a server, where each device has a 'slice' for each one.