help floppy format

Juha-Matti Liukkonen jml at cubical.fi
Sat Oct 4 10:49:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

actually, if you are talking about picobsd (or similar small *BSD
build), the image
file will contain a UFS format filesystem. Not FAT (DOS native format),
not EXT3
(linux native format), but UFS (BSD native format). You can mount and
access the
*resulting* floppy anyway you'd like from any BSD system.

But the image file does contain a low-level partition image, not a file
to be saved
on a file system. The 'dd' command, or tool such as rawrite in DOS
systems, must
be used to dump the entire image to the disk in a low level fashion, as
Kyryll
suggests.

Br,
Jussi