Odd ssh sessions

Lucas Nali de Magalhães rollingbits at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 16:00:35 UTC 2020

> On Jun 12, 2020, at 7:27 PM, Lucas Nali de Magalhães <rollingbits at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Can you elaborate on what steps you are doing to get to such a state?
>>

>> I wrote in the hope it was somewhat easy, sorry. I've difficulty in reproducing it myself. Network is not
>> very reliable in it and I first though it was the WiFi but I observed it over Ethernet IPv6, too. My sessions
>> have some "host not found"  and "connection lost." I access from a Windows 10 machine. I've no idea if
>> the things are related or not. I hope it have no relation with my typos. Today it was stable and I tried to
>> use the sftp but Windows (for the first time) tried to resolve the IPv6 address and didn't find the host.
>> The next ssh sessions had the line duplication problem. It's a 32bit Intel Celeron M notebook used for
>> experimentation with customized FreeBSD (with make.conf and src.conf).
>>

> $ cat /etc/make.conf
> (...)
> $ cat /etc/src.conf
> (...)

Usually the wifi is the problem on this machine. In fact, I'm no sure if these things are related.
A few days ago the drive caused a double fault on detach. I was turning it off and it ended in
a kernel backtrace. Nothing was saved on disk and the part of the message I could read said
the wifi didn't allowed the detach (or something alike). This isn't common. The part of the
dmesg that is related to it is

ugen4.2: <vendor 0x0bda product 0x8187> at usbus4
urtw0 on uhub0
urtw0: <Bulk-IN,Bulk-OUT,Bulk-OUT> on usbus4
urtw0: unknown RTL8187L type: 0x8000000
urtw0: rtl8187l rf rtl8225u hwrev none
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished
wlan0: Ethernet address: 00:15:af:XX:XX:XX
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished

and a few more messages of unrecognized devices follows in the dmesg. It's computer bought in Brazil, if that matters.

--
rollingbits — 📧 rollingbits at gmail.com 📧 rollingbits at terra.com.br 📧 rollingbits at yahoo.com 📧 rollingbits at globo.com 📧 rollingbits at icloud.com