Odd ssh sessions

Lucas Nali de Magalhães rollingbits at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 22:10:15 UTC 2020

> On Jun 12, 2020, at 3:23 AM, Carlo Strub <cs at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Jun 2020, 20:48 Lucas Nali de Magalhães, <rollingbits at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  On Jun 5, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Lucas Nali de Magalhães <rollingbits at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I've an old machine where I play with FreeBSD and after a while off, I came back and noted that
>>> sometimes when I enter an ssh session part of the text repeats. It can be many lines or it can be
>>> just one or even it can be none. So it also looks like I found a memory problem. Is it just me?
>> And I'm going from FreeBSD 12.1-p3 to 12.1-p5 in this case.

> Can you elaborate on what steps you are doing to get to such a state?

I wrote in the hope it was somewhat easy, sorry. I've difficulty in reproducing it myself. Network is not
very reliable in it and I first though it was the WiFi but I observed it over Ethernet IPv6, too. My sessions
have some "host not found"  and "connection lost." I access from a Windows 10 machine. I've no idea if
the things are related or not. I hope it have no relation with my typos. Today it was stable and I tried to
use the sftp but Windows (for the first time) tried to resolve the IPv6 address and didn't find the host.
The next ssh sessions had the line duplication problem. It's a 32bit Intel Celeron M notebook used for
experimentation with customized FreeBSD (with make.conf and src.conf).

rollingbits — 📧 rollingbits at gmail.com 📧 rollingbits at terra.com.br
📧 rollingbits at yahoo.com 📧 rollingbits at globo.com 📧 rollingbits at icloud.com