SQLite vulnerability

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Mon Dec 17 15:26:56 UTC 2018

Robert Simmons acerbically replied:
> Since you may not read that essay on open source software, here is the
> salient point for you:
>   - For users: remember when filing an issue, opening a pull request or
>   making a comment on a project to be grateful that people spend their free
>   time to build software you get to use for free. Keep your frustrations and

The problem with Robert Simmons' line of reasoning:

  a) keeping vulxml up to date is a fixable problem, and

  b) ignoring the critical role of FreeBSD's security teams will only
     result in FreeBSD boxes being hacked and end-users migrating to
     Linux.

Considering the lack of technical or logical arguments being made
against, for example, larger security teams or security team funding
(after all, we're only talking about timely entries in the vulnerability
database) it would not be unreasonable to conclude that opposition
viewpoints are simply Linux advocates.

Roger Marquis