getting the running patch level

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 10 14:40:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Roberto <robertot at redix.it> wrote:

> So as far I understand, if the kernel is not updated by the update process, it
> is not possible to get via "uname" the currently patch level.

Correct.

This has been discussed a number of time, but there are no nice and
simple solution. There is a simple solution if we just update the
kernel always, but that's a hack IMO.

While the problem seems rather simple, there are many corner cases
making it hard to solve. It should be solved so people can get this
information, personally I just haven't had the time to work on it.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen