Which AES to use?

webmaster webmaster at n-o-x.org
Mon Sep 26 07:00:16 UTC 2011

I don't know cryptopgraphics very well but the data throughput would be
a little better with lower keysize. However with a powerful CPU (maybe
AES-NI instructions included) this wouldn't matter anymore.

As compromise you could choose AES-192 if you need it more secure than
128 bit.

Finally quoted from Bruce Schneiers Blog:
"And for new applications I suggest that people don't use AES-256.
AES-128 provides 	more than enough security margin for the forseeable
future. But if you're already using AES-256, there's no reason to change."

Best regards
Robert