FreeBSD hiding security stuff

Jacques Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 4 18:29:56 GMT 2005

On 3/4/05 11:32 AM, Jonathan Weiss wrote:
> I've mailed with Theo and his main problem is that they (as the OpenBSD
> developers) did not get enough details even after one week. Theo has no
> detailed information yet and if this problem affects SMP on i386 he needs
> the eyes of 8 of his developers.
> Maybe informing them as a group with more information would have been
> better, but I cannot really know or say.
> Maybe (and hopefully) you two can work this issue out because a good
> coorperation and relationship between FreeBSD and OpenBSD benefits all.

There's nothing to see here.  It was a simple miscommunication that has
been fixed.  The BSDs (as well as Linux distributions and commercial
vendors) routinely share information through various channels, and will
continue to do so.  Despite occasional flareups, I do not believe there
is any permanent animosity between the folks on these various security
teams.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio