cvs commit: src/games/fortune/fortune fortune.c

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 25 18:39:52 GMT 2005

Andrey Chernov wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 05:51:54PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>
>>entropy_save_num="17"   # Number of entropy cache files to save.
>>
>>And haven't seen any problems with repetitive fortunes in the last 2 days.
>

> Could you inspect old saved entries in setup when the bug is active? Are
> they the same across reboot?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this question. When I was seeing the
problem before, I would see the same fortune about 8 out of 10 times. Now I
am seeing different ones each time.

It also occurs to me that I changed two things at the same time, which has
muddied the water a bit. In addition to beefing up my saved entropy, I also
removed an old fortunes2 file, which is where the fortune I was seeing most
came from. I'm not sure _why_ that would have caused this problem, or if it
did, but wit the combination of the two "solutions," my problem is solved.

hth,

Doug