cvs commit: src/games/fortune/fortune fortune.c

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Jul 25 16:22:27 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 05:51:54PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> entropy_save_num="17"   # Number of entropy cache files to save.
>
> And haven't seen any problems with repetitive fortunes in the last 2 days.

Could you inspect old saved entries in setup when the bug is active? Are
they the same across reboot? If no, it is dangerous too (probably bug in
kernel random.c). As I read the code, even single _different_ byte will be
enough to seed /dev/random to different values.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/