how to ignore the arp request for the alias ip in freebsd

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Fri Jul 1 13:12:10 GMT 2005

В пт, 01/07/2005 в 20:26 +0800, shiner chen пишет:
> I want only to ignore the arp request for alias ip ,at the same time  I don't want disable the arp function of the interface ?  How do ? thanks!

Probably you need to assign this ip on loopback interface.
This address will no more used for arp, but still can be accessible if
there is route (IPv4 gw based or LLaddr gw based) for other hosts on
ethernet.

But, there is some drawbacks also - source IP address autoselect will
not chose this IP when you connection to other host.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru