FBSD All-in-one security box?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 6 08:42:59 PST 2003

If memory serves me right, Art Mason wrote:
> Hmmm, sounds a lot like Mandrake MNF
> (http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/mnf) hopes to become.  .  I'd love
> to see something like this (PHP and PERL frontend) for a FreeBSD-based
> wonder box.  I wonder if one could take the m0n0wall project
> (http://m0n0.ch/wall/) and expand it for a full blown network appliance.

I'm using a Soekris 4501 running m0n0wall as a filtering bridge at home.
It's quite a nice package IMHO, although a little difficult to customize
if you want to hack on it.

(The single feature I would love to see most in m0n0wall is a way to
check out a source tree, type "make release", and wind up with an
update image.)

Bruce.